Brigita Leonaviciute | University of Sunderland

Magazine Journalism BA (Hons)

Open Day!

9757_311251285744579_4600693744211376462_nHi!

Last Saturday I had a chance to attend our university’s open day and I can say- I’m looking forward to the next one! It was a pleasure to meet you guys. I hope my shared views about journalism, university itself and student life were helpful.  I enjoyed so much talking to potential students and their parents, but at the same time felt sad because I realized that this time next year, I’ll no longer be a student in this university…

Screen shot 2014-11-13 at 15.40.19

Open day has started at 9:30am and from the first minute St Peter’s Campus overflowed with people interested in studying at the University of Sunderland. From the potential students I got various questions – from what kind of modules we have to the best places to go out with friends in Sunderland and Newcastle – while their parents were more interested in stuff such as accommodation.  As I spent my first year living in the Forge student halls, I could tell all the pros and cons about it. However, I didn’t know much about other students’ accommodation which the university offers, so I promise to do a video tour around them some time in the near future.

10626552_303453143191060_5657353074371544402_n

One of the best things about attending open days is that you get to feel the place and see the university from the inside. Also, you can get more detailed information about a course you are interested in and you can actually talk to people who are involved in the course you want to do and ask things that aren’t written in the prospect book.