Anna Robinson | University of Sunderland

Pharmacy Mpharm

Hospital Pre Reg Applications

In order to practice as a pharmacist within the UK, you need to complete a Pre-registration year, which is basically where you work full time but are still classed as a student, having to sit an exam at the end of the year (which you must pass!)

Pharmacy_Logo_for_web

After doing a lot of experience work and placements across many sectors of pharmacy (comprising of community, mental health, palliative care and hospital), I’ve decided to apply to do my pre-registration year in a hospital. It’s super challenging and competitive to get a place in a hospital pre-reg programme, and part of the challenge comes with the pre-reg applications.

It’s all done online now, where you complete sections for a CV, sections with multiple questions about experience, and individual profiles for each hospital you choose to apply to. I’ve done all of my application now and have submitted it… so now the wait begins to see if I’m successful for an interview from any of the 4 hospitals I applied to. The overall process is very quick in the turn around because the deadline for applications is 31/08/2014 and the hospitals get access to them on 01/09/2014… then if they want to invite you for interview they get back in touch quickly, before any other hospital does! It’s a scary time and I’m quite apprehensive for it, but at the same time I’m excited with the prospect of potentially getting an interview or being successful and getting a pre-registration offer from somewhere!

I plan on doing a video blog about the application process very soon, so keep posted!